Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Huge Security Flaw Found In Microsoft Web Browser Internet Explorer


The web browser Internet Explorer, which is used by 69 percent of Web surfers currently has a security flaw which is quickly spreading across the internet.

Microsoft released a statement in a blog post six days ago detailing the flaw. The problem has yet to be fixed and is continuing to spread, covering over 2 million computers.

The flaw hides inside the data binding function of the Internet Explorer browser and causes it to quit unexpectedly and open back up vulnerable to prying eyes.

This is not the first time IE has been hit with such attacks. However, the attacks in the past were successful only when users downloaded attachments that could exploit security cracks in the browser.

Microsoft has said in their statement that the problem it is limited to Windows Internet Explorer 7 version of the browser, however all versions of the world's most popular program for surfing the Web are potentially vulnerable.

Thus far the attacks have been limited to users in China for the purpose of stealing online computer game passwords. However, it does not take much imagination to envision this problem spreading to more nefarious criminals stealing personal passwords or financial data.

3 comments:

  1. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Please come visit my site Directory Indianapolis City when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog? Please come visit my site Charlotte Business Services And Classifieds when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog? Please come visit my site Charlotte Business Search Engine when you got time.

    ReplyDelete